Hello everyone! This weekend I wanted to wear a quick, fresh, warm make-up look that would be wearable during the daytime and would withstand the warm humid weather we’re currently experiencing in London. So without further ado here’s how I created this look.
For the base I used my new Dior Airflash foundation in 400 Honey and buffed it into my skin with a buffing brush. For my concealer I took my trusty MAC Pro-Longwear concealer in NW35 and blended around my eyes using the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge.
My eye make-up was done using the Heaven & Earth palette from MUA and MACs “Rule” Eyeshadow. I first took Rule (warm orange) and placed this in the crease as my transition colour. I then put Canyon (warm medium brown) from the palette all over the lid. I used Bedrock (cool dark brown) in the outer V and used Golden Sand (warm gold) on the first third of the eyelid and blended out. I made sure all the colours blended in seamlessly and cleaned the edges using a Q-tip. I primed my eyelids with Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin. I didn’t wear eyeliner this time but simply curled my lashes using the Shu Uemera eyelash curlers and put two coats of DiorShow mascara on. My eyebrows were filled in as usual using Anastasia DipBrow Pomade in Ash Brown.
For my cheeks I used theBalms Bahama Mama bronzer and Mary Lou Manizer as the highlight. I skipped blush for this look.
To complete the look I chose one of my current favourite lipsticks which is “Mocha” by MAC and topped it with “Salmon” from Gerard Cosmetics. This lip combo brought out the shape in my lips and made them pop! To set my make-up I used my Nars pressed powder in Mountain.
I really like the completed look as it complements my skin tone perfectly. What are your favourite looks to wear in the Summer? Comment below and let me know.
This is the second MUA palette I picked up from Superdrug for just £4. This palette has 12 gorgeous brown, golden and highlight shades that span both warm and cool tones. The finish is a satin finish with some fine shimmers.
I find that these colours blend really well with each other and I like that they are satin instead of full on shimmer. Some may be disappointed that there aren’t any matte shades in this, but I think this is the perfect palette for the upcoming summer. You also get an amazing sponge applicator in the set… (yes I’m being sarcastic :D).
The colours are nicely pigmented and you can create a variety of daytime looks with this. With a high-end primer like Primer Potion from Urban Decay this will last 12 hours, but does fade a little. I do find that there is a bit of fall-out with some of the colours during application so I always keep a make-up wipe handy.
Here are the swatches:
If you’re a fan of the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette then this is palette from MUA is going to be a winner for you. It has a mix of pink tone eyeshadows both shimmery and matte. There are 4 mattes and 6 satin-shimmers in this palette and it also includes a double ended eyeliner pencil. The best part? This cost just £6.00 from Superdrug!
These colours blend so beautifully with eachother. The shimmers need a fixing agent like Fix + to give their full intensity. This palette would probably suit lighter skin tones the best but nonetheless is very pretty on darker tones. You can get a variety of daytime and smoky looks with this palette. I also like the light pink pencil in the kit to blend under my eyebrows and inner corner of my eyes.
When worn with my Urban Decay Primer Potion the colours last a full 12 hours on me and even survived a sweaty gym session! I didn’t experience any fallout with this but there was a bit of fading throughout the day.
Now onto the swatches:
Until next time peeps!
I went to Superdrug today for one item and well …this happened LOL. I found a couple of cool make-up things that I’m excited to try.
1) MUA Pro Palette Elysium £6.00. This palette has a nice mix of matte and shimmery eyeshadows leaning towards the pinker side. It also comes with a double ended eyeliner/highlighter pencil. I’m really excited to try this palette to create some girly spring looks. If you like Urban Decay Naked Palette 3 then this might be a nice dupe.
2) MUA Eyeshadow Palette Heaven And Earth £4.00. This is also a nice neutral shimmer palette again fantastic for the daytime. There’s lots of pretty golds in here which would look really nice in the sunshine ^_^
3) Maybelline Colorstay Stripped Nude Lipstick 728 Honey Beige £6.99. I got this lipstick as I actually don’t own any nudes in my collection. It’s a nice brown-nude with a satin finish.
4) Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Waterproof mascara £9.99. I need a new mascara and I got this after a recommendation from a friend who said it was amazing. Will probably do a full review later.
5) Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer Nude £7.99. This concealer gets a lot of love online, I’m interested to see if it performs better than the Maybelline Fit Me concealer, I will probably do a full review on this too.
6) Sleek MakeUp Brow Perfector DARK BROWN £4.99. This is my first eyebrow gel ever! I’m intrigued to see what kind of a difference this makes to my eyebrows.
I didn’t go too wild at the drugstore today thankfully, I’m so broke now it’s unreal (come on payday!!!)
What products have you been buying at the drugstore recently? Comment below and let me know!