Hello everyone! This weekend I wanted to wear a quick, fresh, warm make-up look that would be wearable during the daytime and would withstand the warm humid weather we’re currently experiencing in London. So without further ado here’s how I created this look.
For the base I used my new Dior Airflash foundation in 400 Honey and buffed it into my skin with a buffing brush. For my concealer I took my trusty MAC Pro-Longwear concealer in NW35 and blended around my eyes using the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge.
My eye make-up was done using the Heaven & Earth palette from MUA and MACs “Rule” Eyeshadow. I first took Rule (warm orange) and placed this in the crease as my transition colour. I then put Canyon (warm medium brown) from the palette all over the lid. I used Bedrock (cool dark brown) in the outer V and used Golden Sand (warm gold) on the first third of the eyelid and blended out. I made sure all the colours blended in seamlessly and cleaned the edges using a Q-tip. I primed my eyelids with Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin. I didn’t wear eyeliner this time but simply curled my lashes using the Shu Uemera eyelash curlers and put two coats of DiorShow mascara on. My eyebrows were filled in as usual using Anastasia DipBrow Pomade in Ash Brown.
For my cheeks I used theBalms Bahama Mama bronzer and Mary Lou Manizer as the highlight. I skipped blush for this look.
To complete the look I chose one of my current favourite lipsticks which is “Mocha” by MAC and topped it with “Salmon” from Gerard Cosmetics. This lip combo brought out the shape in my lips and made them pop! To set my make-up I used my Nars pressed powder in Mountain.
I really like the completed look as it complements my skin tone perfectly. What are your favourite looks to wear in the Summer? Comment below and let me know.
I think the name of this product is deceiving in the sense that I don’t believe this is a bronzer, but actually a sculpting or contour powder. I bought this from Feel Unique for a sale price of £13.50 which I think is really well priced considering I was going to buy the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder for £35.
Bahama Mama comes in really pretty packaging, it has an outer cardboard sleeve and I love the funky artwork. The bronzer itself has a mirror in the top and a magnet to close.
The colouring of this bronzer is the best part. It is a very cool toned brown which means when you apply it to contour your face it actually mimics a real shadow. This looks far more natural than a warm (orange) tone bronzer. I was hesitant to buy this product in the first place as I wasn’t sure if it would show up on my skin. It is not massively pigmented on me and I have to apply a few layers for the colour to show through, however on lighter skin tones (may be too dark for pale/very fair skin) this will be perfect. The texture is 100% matte and doesn’t contain any shimmer.
This is actually the perfect product for someone who is new to contouring (like me), it’s pretty much fool proof as it blends really easily and it’s too harsh in terms of colouring.
Ooh look at those cheekbones!
This bronzer is a winner for sure, I’d recommend this to anyone looking for a fuss free sculpting powder.
P.s. Please check out my INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY here!
April is going to be a broke month for me I’ve got a few important birthdays coming up so I’ve had to reduce my beauty budget a teeeeny bit, but hey a girls gotta shop right? Here is my April beauty wishlist:
1) Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Supplement – I need a new serum and this one looks really good, can’t wait to try it and review for you guys.
2) MakeUp Forever HD Foundation (153) – I bought the colour 173 recently and realised it’s way too dark for me. Unfortunately MUFE don’t do a 163 colour in the UK so I need to get 153 to mix with my current one.
3) Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation – A holy grail foundation for many, which I’ve been meaning to try.
4) Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer (SX11) – Lots of high hopes for this product. I’ve heard it’s incredibly pigmented and covers dark circles effortlessly, for £38 it better do just that haha!
5) Paula’s Choice Shine Stopper Oil Control Primer – Again I’ve read some great reviews on this and I love Paula’s Choice, so I’ll be interested to see if this will be the primer to conquer my oily T-zone.
6) MAC Powder Blush in Ambering Rose – This colour looks amazing on dark skin from the swatches I’ve seen, I MUST have it.
7) Makeup Revolution Blushes in WOW and HOT – At £1 each I’m interested to see if these blushes are any good. Reviews coming soon.
8) theBalm Bahama Mama – I need a sculpting powder and it was between this and the Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder. I chose this as it is cheaper obviously, so hopefully it’ll work for my skintone.
9) Makeup Revolution I ♡ Makeup I Heart Chocolate palette – Apparently this is a very good dupe for the Too Face Chocolate Bar Palette. I don’t want to spend tonnes on an eyeshadow palette so hopefully this one won’t disappoint.
That’s all for now folks, what’s on your beauty wishlist? Comment below and let me know 🙂