Hello my lovely people! How are you all doing? So the past month I was nominated for not one, not two but three blogger awards so I thought I’d get them all done today. Thank you do all those who nominated me, I really appreciate you taking time to read my blog and wanting to get to know a bit more about me. So everyone please check out their blogs (links below) as they are amazing content creators, you will not be disappointed.
The first award I was nomination for was the Beauty Blogger Award by Carmen.
State the name of the blogger who nominated you.
Answer the questions you were given.
Nominate 10 people whose blog is about beauty or fashion.
Make 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
1. How did you learn to do your makeup? I mostly learnt how to do make-up through Youtube and a lot of trial and error.
2. What’s your favourite lipstick? Hmm this is a difficult one, I’d say Rose by Bobbi Brown or Diva by MAC.
3. Who do you think has the best makeup looks : Kim Kardashian or Blake Lively? I’m not a fan of the Kardashians (sorry guys), so it’s going to have to be Blake Lively.
4. When did you start wearing makeup? I started wearing make-up around 17.
5. What’s your favourite makeup brand? Overall it’s got to be MAC.
6. Can you leave your home without makeup? Yes I regularly do when I’m out and about just running errands.
7. What’s your eye shape? Umm I think it’s oval?
8. How often do you paint your nails? I try to paint my nails once a week.
9. What’s your favourite hair product? Kérastase Resistance Ciment Thermique Resurfacing Reinforcing Milk. It’s an amazing product that has transformed my hair and protects it from damage.
10. Who’s your favourite Youtube guru? I have a couple, ClothesEncounters, Kaushal Beauty, Patricia Bright and Mouldy Fruit to name but a few.
Next I was nominated by Jess for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award.
Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
Answer the questions the nominator has provided.
Nominate 10 other bloggers
Create 10 questions for your nominees and notify them of their nomination
1. Why did you start blogging? I always been a beauty addict and over the years I’ve learnt a lot of things about make-up and especially skin care, so I decided to start a blog to share my knowledge and love of beauty.
2. Who/what inspires you the most? I’m not sure about this one, I take inspiration from all those who are close to me.
3. What’s your favourite TV show? My favourite TV show of all time is The Wire. The Wire changed my life, no joke.
4. Top 3 summer lippies? My current faves are Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter Tutti Frutti, Gerard Cosmetics 1995 and MAC Twig.
5. Current favourite foundation? Ooo this is a difficult one, it’s between Estee Lauder Double Wear and MAC Studio Sculpt.
6. What’s your guilty pleasure? Hmm off the top of my head spicy ramen. My favourite is Shin Ramyun. In fact I love anything mouth numbing-ly spicy.
7. Who are 3 of your favourite bloggers/YouTubers? See question 10 above!
8. If you could only use one brand of makeup, which would it be? Why? I’d have to say MAC again as they have a really good foundation colour range and a variety of products that are both natural and more full on.
9. If you could be anywhere in the world, right now, where would you be? Right now I’d love to be somewhere in Japan.
10. Looking back, if you could give your younger self advice….what advice would you give your younger self? & Why? I’d tell myself to not care about the drama and focus on my studies. I spent so much time during school and uni worrying about drama within friendship circles and little fall outs with friends. As I’ve grown older I realised that those things that seemed so big at the time are really irrelevant now and have only filtered the real friends from the fake ones.
So I’ve decided to combine the first two awards into one because I literally can’t think of 20 questions haha! I nominate the following for the Beauty Blogger Award and the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award.
Shades of Beauty
Helpless While Drying
Pores For Thought
Doves and Roses
With All My Affection
Beauty By Harriet
Posh & Spicy
Here are my questions:
1) What is your favourite nail polish of all time?
2) What is your most treasured memory?
3) Where do you like to shop the most?
4) If you won a million pounds/dollars, what is the first thing you would buy?
5) What is your favourite colour?
6) How many piercings do you have?
7) What is your favourite film?
8) Starters or desert?
9) What is your biggest turn on/ off?
10) Outside of blogging, what is your favourite hobby?
Next I was nominated by lovely Rachael for the Love/Hate Tag.
List 10 things you love and 10 things you hate. Nominate 10 people for the tag.
Things I love:
1) Food. I’m a serious foodie. I plan my day around what I’m going to eat and mealtimes are my favourite time of day. Going out to eat is what I love to do most. My boyfriend will tell you the worst time to be around me is when I’m hungry because I get really cranky!
2) Music. I’m a massive hip hop head, specifically anything from the golden age (mid 80’s- mid 90’s). I grew up listening to a lot of hip-hop as a child because I have an older brother and it sort of stuck with me as I got older. I also love soul, jazz and funk.
3) All things beauty related. That’s a no-brainer right.
4) Long showers. I always get told off for taking long showers and using up all the hot water (yup I’m one of those people) but I can’t help it. I love the feeling of “clean”.
5) Weight training. I’ve been into fitness and gymming for a few years now but never really enjoyed it, it was always something I did for my health and I looked at it as a chore. Recently I’ve begun weight training and it’s been the most fun I’ve ever had in terms of fitness, I’ve even managed to gain a few pounds of muscle mass which is a big plus!
6) Online shopping. I know, I know I’m a typical girl but I really, really love shopping, especially online because everything is available at the click of a button, it saves so much time and allows you to be a much more savvy shopper.
7) Reading. I spend around 3 hours commuting to and from work so I have a lot of time to myself. I love reading books about politics, culture, economics and crime.
8) Documentaries. I enjoy watching documentaries as they open your eyes to different perspectives and different lives. I’ve learnt so much about different cultures through watching documentaries and I feel a much more rounded person because of that.
9) Lazy days. As I’ve grown older I’ve gained more of an appreciation for staying in and relaxing. I treasure those days when I’m curled up watching my faovurite shows, drinking tea and relaxing.
10) The people close to me. They are my rock and help me deal with the stressors of life, for which I am forever grateful.
Things I hate:
1) People who are rude. I can’t deal with people who lack basic manners, I mean those who don’t say thank you, please, excuse me. There is no need for that.
2) Bad habits. I find it utterly disgusting when people have really bad habits. Also I absolutely hate when people make the same noise repetitively like sniffing… it REALLY irks me, I can’t deal.
3) Poor hygiene. I hate when people have poor hygiene and don’t look after themselves like not washing their hands after the toilet or or not showering daily…eugh.
4) Tomatoes. I really don’t like tomatoes, although I love the sun dried variety I really dislike the taste of fresh tomatoes.
5) Fake people. I’m a very genuine person and I’ll only say something if I mean it. I hate when you can tell someone is being disingenuous to your face.
6) Being told what to do. I have this thing where when someone tells me to do something it makes me want to do the exact opposite. I am strong minded with strong opinions and I won’t do anything I’m not comfortable with.
7) People who are ignorant and intolerant which tends to racism, sexism, homophobia etc. Say no more.
8) Those who take themselves too seriously. I find that some people, once they get to a certain age, decide that they have to be really boring. It’s fine to be immature and have fun sometimes, you’re only as old as you feel.
9) Attention seekers. Don’t get me started on this one LOL.
10) Arrogance. This is my biggest turn off, ever.
For the love/hate tag I nominate.
Annie’s Beauty Blog
Curly Haired Messy Mane
Confetti & Curves
La Whimsy Writer
Makeup By Nat
Again thank you to all three who nominated me. Also, if you’ve made it to the end of this post then congrats because that was one long-ass read haha! Until next time…