Many of us bloggers and non-bloggers alike have certain beauty products that we love to use time and time again. However, we all have those certain products that have a very special place in our hearts, because when we use them they make us look and feel our absolute BEST. These are what we refer to as “Holy-Grail” products. They are products you keep repurchasing, have solved your biggest cosmetic woes and probably have a few back-ups of just in case you run out.
I decided to sit down and think long and hard about the products I use the most and that I cannot go without. It was extremely difficult to whittle it down to just 10 products because in reality I could probably do a Top 20 list. I ended up chosing products which I feel are either revolutionary in their function or that make my life easier through using them. I’ve reviewed most of these products before so please check out their individual reviews if you want to know more.
1) Clinique Take The Day Off Oil Cleanser. This is the best make-up remover I have ever used. It is perfect for oily skin, fragrance free and gets every single bit of make-up off my skin.
2) Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. As an oily skin gal I cannot tell you how amazed I am with this foundation. It is long lasting, gives amazing coverage and controls oil. Hallelujah!
3) Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner Perversion. I’ve tried numerous liquid liners during my years but this one is my absolute fave. It is jet black, easy to apply, doesn’t clump, doesn’t dry up and doesn’t smudge or flake.
4) MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer. When I need full coverage concealing I look no further than this bad boy. It covers my under eye baggies completely and lasts all day.
5) MAC Studio Sculpt. This is another holy grail foundation, perfect for anyone between normal to oily skin. It gives really good coverage and can withstand humid weather whilst looking incredibly skin like.
6) Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade. I can’t sing enough praises for this product. My eyebrows have literally transformed since using this. Gone are the days where I spent ages using wax pencils or powders to fill in my brows. This cream is so soft, it applies like a dream and allows my brows to look amazingly hair-like.
7) Paula’s Choice Hydralight SPF 30 Moisturiser. Again, those with oily skin recognise how difficult it is to find a SPF moisturiser that doesn’t feel like you’re applying paste on your skin. This moisturiser is light, hydrates the skin and also gives great UVB and UVA protection. I will not leave my house without it.
8) Bourjois Volumne 1 Seconde Mascara – This is my holy grail mascara. It curls, thickens and lengthens whilst not smudging or flaking and all for under a tenner!
9) Paulas Choice 2% BHA liquid and 10% AHA Weekly Resurfacing Treatment. Okay, okay I know this is cheating but I kind of regard the chemical exfoliants as one product *ahem* lol. The BHA liquid has made my blackheads disappear completely and the AHA weekly treatment sloughs off the top layers of my skin to reveal baby soft, glowing skin.
10) Paula’s Choice Antioxidant Serum. For the daytime there is literally no better serum for my skin. This serum contains a lot of antioxidants and is hydrating whilst not exacerbating my oiliness. It also sits wonderfully under make-up.
So I hope you enjoyed this post. Now, I would like to know, what are YOUR holy-grail items? Comment below and let me know.
Until next time …