When the weather transitions into the warmer months I always feel a strong aversion to dark lips, seriously I don’t know what it is but I can’t bring myself to wear a red or burgundy when the sun is out. I find that pink is such an easy colour to wear during the Spring and Summer, whether you’re going to school, work or out and about for the day and there really is a shade for everyone. These are a pick of my current favourite pink lipsticks.
1) Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Patina. I spoke about this lipstick in a recent post. This lipstick is your very on-trend, Kylie Jenner, mauve-pink matte shade, perfect for the daytime, lasts all day and looks gorgeous on practically everyone I’ve seen.
2) Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipstick in Rose Culte. This is the most expensive lipstick that I own and it was worth every penny. This lipstick is a bright, bold fuchsia pink and is definitely not for those who want to hide in the shadows. The formula glides on smoothly and keeps my lips hydrated. The finish is shiny and as it causes a tingling sensation it makes my lips look even bigger and plump.
3) Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Rose. This is one of my all time favourite lipsticks. It is described as a medium rose which is a perfect brown-pink on my skin tone. I wear this if I’m pairing it with heavier eye make-up as it is a muted shade that doesn’t compete with the eyes. The finish isn’t quite matte and it is the best nude colour for my skin tone.
4) Kiko Milano Smart Lipstick in 913 Rosewood. This creamy, pigmented and affordable lipstick is one of my favourites to wear during the daytime. I feel like this colour would look good on all skin tones and in comparison it’s slightly darker than the Bobbi Brown lipstick. I love the buttery application of this lipstick and the shine finish. It isn’t the longest lasting but it doesn’t cause any dryness which is a big plus.
5) Etude House Color Lips Fit in Perfect Fit Red. Don’t be fooled by the name, this lip tint is not red. It is a very dark pink and is perfect to wear opaque or as a light wash of colour on the lips with a matte finish. It also fades really nicely to leave a “just bitten” effect on your lips.
Obviously I own a couple more pink lippies that didn’t make the cut and I’m always on the hunt for some more so comment below with your personal favourites!