Happy Sunday peeps! So the beautiful Natalie at Beauty Does nominated me for the Beauty Blogger of the Month Award (thanks you!), please check out her page for reviews on all sort of cute cosmetics, especially if you’re into Korean brands 🙂
1. Where does your makeup inspiration come from?
I have to say I love experimenting with different make-up looks. However, one that I keep coming back to is the old Hollywood Glam look, you know the simple cat eye and bold lip. I love it, it is so classic and timeless and suits just about any outfit.
2. What are 3 of your makeup or skin care Holy Grail products you cannot live without?
– Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener. I wear this as my under eye and eyelid concealer every day, it is so quick and simple to apply. It just does the job!
– Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish. This is my favourite make-up cleanser, it is so gentle on my skin but the most effective at removing tough make-up. It is no wonder it has won so many skin care awards.
– Lush Mask of Magnaminty. I love face masks and this is my favourite of all time. It deep cleans your skin of excess sebum but doesn’t dry it out. Perfect for anyone with combination skin. Also it has a really long shelf life.
3. What is your makeup signature look which you have on most of the time?
I love the dewy look, it appears more natural on my skin compared to the matt look, so I love liquid highlighters and skin brighteners. In the summer I like to wear a pink or coral blush and a light matching lipstick. During the winter I wear a red blush and a red tone lipstick.
4. Let us know your favorite makeup brands?
100% I am a Bobbi Brown girl. I love this brand because I find it’s the only brand so far that really understands my medium to dark skin tone and provide products to enhance your natural beauty instead of masking it.
5. Your ultimate makeup pet peeve?
I hate being able to see my base make-up in natural day light that why I always opt for light tinted moisturisers instead of heavy foundation.
6. You’ve heard about all the hype on this makeup item, bought it, tried it and don’t understand what all the fuss is about…Name that product!
MAC LiquidLast Eyeliner. I bought this after recommendation from my friends. The brush doesn’t allow for precise application, the formula is gloopy and difficult to spread also it clumps my eyelashes, overall it’s just a pain to use. The only good thing about it is the staying power. I’m still on the hunt for my perfect liquid liner.
7. Concealer OR foundation ONLY for the rest of your life. Choose one and tell us the reason!
That’s an easy one definitely concealer.The dark circles around my eyes are horrendous, other than that my skin isn’t in too bad a condition.
My Nominations for Beauty Blogger of The Month
I’m new to the blogging world but these following blogs have given me some inspiration on what and how to write blog posts so check them out!
If you have been nominated check out Celia’s Corner for the Beauty Blogger of The Month for the giveaway rules.